Monday, November 7, 2011

Love Lives

I remember a time in my youth, where my innocence lead me to believe that all love was pure. I believed that all love was filled with good intent, that everyone was trustworthy, and that love was everlasting. Then, I met man after man that convinced me that love only hurts. I had yet to see a love that was positive. I had yet to see the kind of love that brought two people together for a lifetime. The kind of love that comes out of nowhere and lasts the test of time. The kind of love that songs and poems are written about. True love. I am living in that moment. In the beginning stages of an amazing love. Even now, in the earliest of the stages...I am already convinced that love lives. He has renewed my belief in it. This man is the type of man that I thought only existed in my dreams. He is beyond good to me, and treats me like a queen. The look of adoration and admiration that he gives me, takes my breath away. The thought of him, and how long that I've waited for him...makes my eyes brim with tears. He is everything that I could ever want in a man. God made him specifically for me. After, waiting 4 years and sifting through the assholes...I can see why nothing ever worked out with them. It is because God had this man perfectly designed and waiting for me. I can honestly say without a doubt that he was worth the bullshit I experienced, and the wait. I would have waited 50 years for this amazing man. I'm just glad that God didn't make me wait that long. This man...is the type of man that is so great, that I wish every woman could be lucky enough to meet someone like him. This monumental man, has me correcting my sistahs that say that "niggas ain't shit". I tell them, not all men are like that. Because, I know that my baby is nothing like those men, and if a man like him exists...there must be others. I am so blessed to have him in my life, and I hope that he stays in it forever. Today I was singing, and my dad said, "someone is happy! I haven't heard you singing in a long time." That's the effect that he has on me. Only God could have sent someone so great to me. I thank Him everyday for him. I remember in my past relationship constantly reminding my ex how lucky he was to have me, now I find myself constantly telling my baby how lucky I am to have him. I see that I had to grow up and change for the better, to truly appreciate this man. Had I not been dragged through the mud, I wouldn't have appreciated the shower and change of clothes. ;) God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment