Monday, September 19, 2011

How quickly we forget...

As I sat at work tonight, I reminisced over the men that I have dated in the year that I have lived in Denver and found myself remembering them fondly. I genuinely cared about each of the men that I had mini-romances with. From the one in Green Valley Ranch that introduced me to Blackhawk, and took me on my first few dates in Denver. The one, that lived out in Westminster and made passionate love to me for hours. The one, that I especially cared for, that showed me loving, tenderness and introduced me to new heights of adventurous sex (outdoor jacuzzi, pool chair, backseat of his cadillac, etc). Then, last, but not least...the one that was always happy to hear from me & always available to see me. They ALL made me so happy, until they didn't. I guess that's how it is though. But, now that I've taken the time away from dating (2 & 1/2 months roughly), I can finally focus on myself and accomplishing the goals that I want to reach in the near future. In order, for me to move forward in a positive direction, for when I do decide to revisit dating; I must re-evaluate these past relationships and decipher where I mis-stepped. What did I do wrong, that these relationships all went south or never progressed to begin with? I understand, that a lot of women blame the men...but, I'm sure that my own pride, distrust, insensitivity, and demanding nature played a part in it. Also, it is I that chose to date these men & take them back, even when at times they did not deserve it. All in the spirit of being fair and understanding. But, sometimes by being fair to someone else, you are not being fair to yourself. When looking back, instead of focusing on why I ended things; I consider, instead, their positives and end up taking them back. Which as you can probably guess, only resulted in a similar ending. Funny, how quickly we forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment